Our client is a multinational D2C company that owns and operates an OTT platform distributing digital products and services to emerging market consumers. The company aims to use its platform to bridge the digital divide for billions in emerging markets who cannot afford large volumes of data required for many online services.
The Finance Operations Manager's main responsibility is to drive all business activities with financial impact and ensure that these are accounted properly. The role works closely with the Head of Finance and this role will be an input to the strategic decisions of the company.
- Finance Operations
- Ensures that organizational activities and financial transactions are properly accounted for and that records and reports are complete, accurate, and valid.
- Manages day-to-day activities of the accounting function (sales and receivables, purchases and payables, general accounting, inventory and asset management, payroll accounting).
- Manages finance operational KPIs (i.e. AR Aging, AP Aging, Inventory Turnover etc.).
- Ensures protection of assets, company resources, and company interest by establishing standardized, efficient, and effective controls and manage coordination of process changes with key stakeholders.
- Manages monthly and annual closing procedures and ensures timely delivery of monthly financial reports and management reports produced to the highest standard.
- Reviews and oversees preparation of tax reports and filings, and ensures that all are accurate and in compliance with regulations
- Finance Planning & Analysis
- Oversees fiscal processes in the company by driving management of working capital to ensure cash sufficiency, and by conducting finance business partnering with operational teams (ranging from but not limited to Marketing, Content, Availability).
- Enforces pecuniary policies and guidelines by ensuring consistent implementation of policies and working closely with the Head of Finance to aid organizational planning and performance evaluations.
- Provides timely detailed financial analysis by ensuring appropriate metrics are being used to measure growth, tracking actual performance against budget, forecasts, and KPIs, and highlighting issues/variances for prompt follow-up and discussion with the senior management team.
- Contributes in special projects that delve in general accounting and financial reporting.
- 5 – 8 years of combined work experience in financial accounting & reporting, as well as financial planning & analysis.
- Has certified for Brevet A & B or CPA.
- Has expertise in general accounting and is adept in financial management, strategic thinking, and has business acumen.
- Has excellent communication, stakeholder management, and problem-solving skills; can resolve issues in an efficient and effective manner.
- Has excellent data presentation skills; can provide a comprehensive view on data and can turn this into relevant and relatable presentations.
- Is highly organized, detail-oriented, and has good time management skills; able to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (required), and knowledgeable in NetSuite (preferred).
- Has high integrity, is organized, able to make sound judgments, and deeply committed in pursuing the field of accounting.