Our client is a multinational D2C company that owns and operates a last mile platform distributing digital products and services to emerging market consumers. The company aims to use its platform to bridge the digital divide for billions in emerging markets who cannot afford large volumes of data required for many online services.
the Content Director is responsible in formulating and developing end-to-end content strategy as they launch the platform in Indonesia by early 2020. This individual is expected to provide guidance, direction, and expertise to optimally deploy their multi-million programming investment driving commercial success. This individual is expected to lead, develop, and grow the content function as it delivers entertainment to the under-served, under-innovated segment of society of the Indonesian mass market.
- Direct, oversee, and develop partnerships and programming strategies that reflect business needs and foresee upcoming trends in the Indonesian market.
- Drive and oversee licensing efforts with both local and international partners aligned to the business’ strategy and key initiatives.
- Provide comprehensive understanding of the nuances of user behavior and transform audience analytics into actionable short-term and long-term plans and projects.
- Determine optimal allocation of budget investment across all facets of the content management cycle through mutually-beneficial and forward-thinking deal structures.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders from across the organization to determine, manage, and transform content delivery to our targeted consumers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 10 years’ work experience in the entertainment industry or any top-tier OTT/VOD company in a management role whether in a local or regional assignment.
- Proven successful track record of working in various content/media verticals with expertise in content licensing, acquisition, programming, distribution, and analytics.
- Robust, persuasive negotiation skills supplemented by strong industry relationships and exceptional business acumen.
- Objective decision-making capacity backed by data-driven, analytical reasoning in both qualitative and quantitative fields.
- Excellent leadership skills and highly collaborative team spirit; could remain calm under pressure and consistently think clearly in challenging situations.
- Strong command of Bahasa Indonesia and English languages.